What is this noise?

Hello,

My 95SL2, Auto, AC, started to make a funny noise yesterday, not loud, but a slight whirring (or a police siren from a distance) when at low speeds, couldn't hear anything at mid to high speeds. Today, didn't hear anything, could it be the alternator, or water pump? Would the dearer hear what I hear, or do all Saturns sound the same to them? Thanks for any input.

Reply to
Kelly

A L T E R N A T O R!!!!!

Tis the season.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

Could be AC, as mine also whines. That could also explain why it was heard earlier but not now(AC was on then, but isn't now). Check if there's any correlation of the noise to whether the AC is on or off.........

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Bad Santa!

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Try putting the tip of a screw driver on the alternator and put your ear to the handle side. You should be able to tell if the Alternator is making the noise.

Reply to
Kenneth White

How about an Idler pulley starting to go. I know... been there, heard it, done that!

Reply to
Speez