Wheel covers on a 2002 Saturn SL1 Sedan

Hi. I recently purchased a 2002 SL1, 4 door, manual transmission, sedan. I = love it.

However, I lost a wheel cover a few months ago, and I have been having a de= vil of a time finding a replacement that fits.

I purchased two OEM wheel covers on eBay from reputable sellers. Both were = listed as fitting the 2002 SL1, and both look absolutely identical to the w= heel covers I have. They are the same size, same pattern; everything, to ap= pearances, is exactly the same. The only difference I can note is the four = cap nuts that fit over the wheel bolts, and which secure the covers, are a = dark grey, whereas the ones on my current wheel covers are a lighter grey.

When I attempt to attach the replacement wheel covers, both lineup perfectl= y, but the cap nuts don't quite reach the bolt threads on the wheels. If I = push really hard on the wheel covers, I can make them barely reach the thre= ads, but that's not right. They're clearly not fitting for some reason.

I even had my mechanic look at it and he was baffled.

Has anyone had any experience with this, or any advice?=20

Roy

Reply to
stlsaturn

Check with AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts. Lug nuts may be different. If it's like mine, the lug nut has a threaded body below the hex head that the wheel cover nut engages. You may be able to get replacement wheel cover nuts also. I believe that they snap into the cover.

Reply to
Oppie