will a 2.2 ecotech fit?

Hi guys, Will a 2.2 ecotech fit in to my 2001 SC2? Has anyone tryed it? Am I just nuts to want to try?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
shipchips

Saturn Motorsports had an Ecotec in one of their drag cars which was an S-Series, I believe. I don't think the car is around anymore though.

Darn near any engine can be made to fit in your S-Series. It all depends on how much work, fabrication, and cost you are willing to endure. Why do you want to do this? What's your objective/goal? I ask because there may be other alternatives to achieve it (which are likely less costly and easier as well).

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

I saw such a project on SaturnFans some time ago. They had a SC2 and wer being sponsored by Twistec to put a 2.2 into it. I was an expensive project and they ran ito financial difficulties last post I read. Dont remember where the post is now. But if you manage to fit a 2.2 into your S series, please post pics!

marx404

Reply to
marx404

If you're going to go to that much trouble and expense, wouldn't it make sense to use the 2.4 rather than the 2.2?

John Cowart

Reply to
bo peep

....or the up and coming turbocharged 2.0 (260hp) they're going to put in the Sky redline.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

Would make more since to just buy the above mentioned engines already installed in the vehicles they come in. The only old car IMHO worthy of an Ecotec powertrain treatment would probably be a Feiro. But then again just buy a Solstice... (I always wanted a Delorean with a Supercharged

3800 though.) :-\
Reply to
BläBlä

I actually test drove a Sky recently. I find them to be a lot more visually appealing than the solstice. It's bit cramped, but feels like it will be a nice car to play around with on the twisties once it's got the turbocharged engine. It felt a bit "uninspired" with only 177hp.

For someone in the market for a a speedy/cheap 2-seater, the Sky seems like the best bang for the buck once the new engine is available.

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz