Latest threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Smoke coming out of the dash vents on a 2004 Saturn Vue
Hello, A friend has an intermittent problem with white "smoke" coming out of the dash vents. The vehicle is a 2004 Saturn Vue and has a V6 engine in it that has had the 100k timing belt service...
1
1

Passenger side turn signals in Vue
My friend has a 2006 Saturn Vue V6 Automatic 4WD. He's towed boats and trailers before, but this weekend hauling a u-haul trailer everything worked fine till when stopped to unload he turned on the...
5
5

lw300 rear strut
Replaced the rear struts on the '01 lw300 this weekend. One shock was leaking oil and completely dead. Got the new parts through Autozone and got the strut mount kits in addition to the struts. Good...
7
7

Wheel bearing or something else?
I have that whining/grumbling noise on a 2005 Ion-2 with 5-speed. Something like the sound of coarse snow tires, but the summer tires are on. Bit it doesn't change when turning, like an earlier bad...
5
5

"Flat Rate" for Saturn Waggon (SW1) Transmission (hours to remove and replace)
Greetings, Does anyone know the flat rate (number of hours to complete the job, by the book) to remove and replace the transmission for a '98 Saturn Waggon (SW1)? Many thanks, -Ashley
2
2

OBD-2
I just bought off ebay one of those little OBD-2 scanners that connect to a notebook computer. This one says ELM327. Version 1.5a. It seems to connect fine to my Ford and Mazda. Too bad about the...
7
7

CD player for a '94 SC2
Anyone know of a reasonably good but not too expensive CD/radio to replace the cassette/radio in a '94 SC2?
4
4

2002 SL2 Sloshing sound
Our Saturn has been great for us, a 2002 SL@ with 140k on it. No major issues or repairs - it is just getting harder to get in and out of as I get older. We are getting a sloshing sound somewhat...
3
3

LW300 fuel pump
Car wouldn't start the other day. Cranked fine but would sputter and then die. Took a quick fuel pressure reading and found only 10 psi (should be 65). Pulled the fuel pump relay and bypassed the...

Is GM's EV1 Still the Best Electric Car Ever?
Saw this in one of my engineering journals. The solely battery -powered cars were never a fit for me but it IS a part of Saturn history. Full story and comments at today, if you want to make an...
2
2

Side mirror control switch repair
About a year ago the control for the side mirrors on the '01 lw300 started to get ornery. If you jiggled the switches enough, it might work... mostly not though. Finally removed the switch module from...
2
2

Happy New Year!
Wishing you all a Happy 2012 and that your Saturns should become collectables; increasing many fold in value.... Oppie

Dearly Departed SW2 - How I'll miss thee...
After 14 years (270,000km's) and a near trouble-free existence, it's time to bid farewell to my 1998 SW2. Seems a shame, car's in great shape, but the cost of replacing the clutch is $1000 or more,...
3
3

GM to Build First All-Electric Car Since EV1
Saw this in 'Design News', an electronics trade publication General Motors has resumed its commitment to electric cars, officially announcing that it will produce and sell a new vehicle called the...
4
4

94 SC2 CTS replacement saga
At 172,000 I just had to replace the Coolant Temperature Sensor again. The usual symptoms. Temp Light on, check engine light on. The first time I had to change it was at 158,000 miles. So that one...
1
1