Latest threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'06 Vue spark plugs...
Have a '06 Vue, 4 cyl, 5-speed....Runs great, smooth idle, still getting about 28mpg on the highway so I'm hesitant to touch the plugs as it's running so great, but I know they should be replaced....
1
1

'01 lw300 thermostat change - 8 hours!
Changed the thermostat on the '01 LW300 today. Getting ready for state inspection and the engine has been running too cold, which throws a code. Gone are the days when this was a 10 minute job....
2
2

1998 SW2 Clutch failure
Hey folks, Anyone have any experience with a clutch failure on a Gen 2 S series? Mine has finally started to go and I'm going to have it done. Pricey job, but it's out of my league to try it myself....
1
1

Vue CVT woes
I have a friend with a Saturn Vue that just had its third CVT transmission rebuild by Saturn. Thankfully for her, when she bought out the lease, she got an extended warranty and only pays $100...
3
3

aura HVAC fan replacement.
Hello everyone. I've got an '07 Saturn Aura XR. Recently the HVAC fan has stopped working reliably. I've decided to try and replace it myself as opposed to spending $$$ at the shop. I've removed the...
2
2

'01 LW300 groaning
started getting a groaning sound from the engine that varies with rpm. Sounded originally like the power steering fluid was low but all the fluids are OK. Auto transmission fluid was a bit low and...
15
15

1998 SL2 - Snow tire noise with summer tires
We have a 1998 SL2 with 105,000 miles. We put snow tires on it last fall for our kid's year at college. Now it's back and has summer tires on it. But now it sounds like there are coarse tread tires,...
11
11

Ion sway bar bushings
I have a 2005 Ion-2 and the sway bar bushings have gone bad. Are replacements split so they can go on without taking the sway bar links off? The links are rusted and look like they will have to be cut...
2
2

Bert Hyman-SATURN DEFENDER, former Yugo salesman
Bert- You seem to live 24/7/365 on this Saturn message board, while I come on here maybe once every 3 months posting a new epidemic Saturn defect that starts to show up on their cars. Do you have...
5
5

All Metal Key
I have a Saturn Ion 2007 with the standard key. You know the type: half metal - half rubber/plastic at the head. This is the second time the head is breaking apart and I dont want to lose it when it...
8
8

WARNING- your Saturn closed and LATCHED door may fly open at 70mph !!!
Regarding our 2000 Saturn SW2 station Wagon. No doubt the same defective, rusted out door handle coil spring applies to ALL model Saturns.i WARNING:- ANY OF YOUR SATURN CAR'S DOORS MAY FLY OPEN AT 70...
7
7

agent with sensor
hi everyone try this when studying agent
3
3

2005 Vue with CVT....grrrr....
OK, I've got one of these turkeys (2.2, AWD). Had the tranny replaced by GM about 15 months ago (not a freebie, cost me $1800), and now this one is going. It had a 1 year warranty, and GM is basically...
3
3

Low coolant warning, but it's full
99 SL2, 130,000 miles. A week ago, the upper radiator hose burst. I drained the cooling system, replaced both hoses, and refilled the system. Two or three days later, the low coolant warning began...
3
3

Liftgate gas springs
Opened the liftgate today on the '01 lw300 and it promptly dropped and hit my head... Just ordered two gas springs to replace the failed ones from AutoZone. About $20 each plus shipping and tax, came...