170 6 cyl to 200r4 or 700r4 adaptor

Anyone have an adaptor setup to hook up a 700R4 or 200R4 trans to my 170 flat motor in my 53HT??

Thanx stuuder

Reply to
stuuder

Be carefull how you ask this question. There is/are more than one bell housing pattern for both of these transmissions. As there are for most GM trans.

You'll probably have do make your own adapter. A bit of time measuring...not that difficult overall.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

yup the 200r4 is BOP pattern, (but some Monte's used it) and the 700r4 (4r?)is Chebbie, I'm leaning more to the 200r4, as it takes less HP to turn than the 700, also the ratios are closer, I have a 4 .11 rearend so I'm not worried about the low first gear.

2004R 2.74 1.57 1 0.67 700R4 3.06 1.63 1 0.7

Mike wrote:

Reply to
stuuder

On the 200-4R...there's a BOP pattern, there's a V-8 Chevy (only) pattern and also a 60 degree V-6 pattern.

Agreed, the 200 is smaller outside dimensions, lighter overall, less power drag, much better gear ratio (stock). Both of'em can be made to hold 5 or 600 hp. I know the 200-4R can be made to hold over 900hp. A friend rebuilds them (the 200, 3spd version) for drag racing. I know you're looking at an I-6...just thought I'd throw that bit of info in!

Mike

Reply to
Mike