1950 Champian buying advice

Any of you out there have any good advice, do's, don'ts, stay away from's....etc. on buying a 1950 Champian?

This will ultimately be a driver, not a garage queen.

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike

John Poulos

I agree. The 1950 is similar mechanically with my '41. I don't have overdrive and really don't feel comfortable pushing it over 45mph or so. The brakes, steering, safety features, and handling are just not up to daily driver standards. It is actually very tiring to drive for long periods.

That said it is a blast to drive and drive it I do! I just stick close to home and take back roads. Nothing beats loading the kids and the dog in the Champ into town for an ice cream run.

Nathan

Reply to
NAV

Thanks guys.

I'll be looking at it this weekend. Already have drivability changes in mind....not like I need another Stude project!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Have a look at this '51 2-dr sedan while you are at it....

A local NCSDC member has it for sale.... (sort-of)... he can't decide what he wants for it, or what it's worth.

Ray

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Studeman