2R Door hinges

Hi all, Anyone have a source for either some good used, new or rebuilt door hinges for my 51 2R5?

Mine are getting pretty bad and I just have to do something.

Any tips on taking the old screws out? I tried an hammer type impact driver on a few and it did nothing!

Thanks, Allen

Reply to
Allen Siekman

KROIL available I believe at Oreillys (GREAT STUFF)

soak, let set.. torch, warm em up WARM-- JUST the screw head part.. resoak, let set.. may have to do 2-3 times.. and then the impact should work.

long years back working on starters, the bolts (steel) would freeze in the starter nose (aluminum) I would take an acetylene torch and heat the bolts red hot, vice grips and they would unscrew from the aluminum.

You got to break that rust bond ever so slightly..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Allen, this is what i had to do on my 51 champ. take a bigger washer. clean the paint off the screw and if you soak it with penetrating oil do so. weld the washer through the middle onto the screw. take a nut smaller than the washer, now weld that onto the washer. and use a socket to take it off. FortyTwo

Reply to
FortyTwo

when I worked in a muffler shop thats basically how we got broken exhaust manifold bolts out, weld a nut to them and in this case we really heated them up with a torch.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me