37 Dictator for sale in CA

I was at the Good Guys hot rod show last weekend in Pleasanton, CA.

In the cars for sale area, there was a nice 37 4-door Dictator. Mostly original, but it had been repainted along the way some time back and the paint is peeling off in places. The car was sold in Alameda, California, sold to a second owner in Oakland, and sold to the current owner who lives in Santa Clara. All paperwork is present, including the original hand written bill of sale from the dealer in Alameda, indicating that the purchaser traded in a 26' Studebaker and got the 37 for the grand total of $1100.00.

The owner also has the bill of sale from the orginal purchaser to the second owner and of course has the paperwork from when he bought it. He has other paperwork, brochures and such as well.

The chassis and running gear was completely restored (has the optional front suspension) some years back. the fellow drove the car to the show, and started it for me. As is typical, you could hardly hear it run and when looking at the engine, you had to look hard to detect any movement when it was running.

It has a 3 speed on the floor. No smoke, no noise, it just ran perfect.

The body is excellent. Not a hint of rust anywhere, no dents that I could see, and no filler that I could detect. The speedometer indicates

99,000 or so, so the motor was probably rebuilt sometime, but who knows?

He also has a ton of spare parts including a two transmissions, one with OD, brakes, drive lines and front suspension. It would take a full pick-up load just to get the parts. Other parts include front grill trim (NOS) Headlights and lenses also NOS and much more.

He is asking $10,000 for it, but might take a little less.

I took some photos which I can download and send. I also have his contact information. If I was not working on the 39 CE, I would buy it, but I can't afford to have both. This is a real sweetheart, and I wish I could afford it. I tried to justify selling something just to get it, but it doesn't make sense for me to do that. I guess you can't have everything.

I can go take a look and more photos if you need me to since he is only about 40 minutes from me.

Send me an email or give me a call if you want more information.

allen at ebold dot com 831 336-3621

Reply to
Allen Siekman