53 on Ebay?

What happened to the red 53 Starliner 6 cylinder, automatic that was on eBay this morning? Allen

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

It was scam, he canceled my bid because I was not a "approved" bidder ans wanted to sell it via e-mail.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

out of curiosity, I also bid, with same results.

Are Stude's the latest Scam bait???

Reply to
63Avanti

I think they may be picking on Studebaker thinking the bidders might be less in touch with car values than the muscle car crowd for example. We still dream of a nice Starliner for under 10K, but the MOPAR guys would giggle at a bargain 68 Charger.

63Avanti wrote:
Reply to
John Poulos

Here's the letter I got.

"Hi, First of all,i must apologize for my reticence with selling my car.I love this car and it means a lot to me.I am forced by a bank loan to sell it.The loan does not involved her ,but i need the money and i must do that.The car is like new ,in perfect condition, no marks or need for additional repairs what so ever.It has no scratches, no special marks, no need for additional repairs what so ever.The real miles onboard, a great car ready to be yours. It has no accident or any engine problem. I need to know you,even if that means by email or phone before i sell you the car.Even if i seem a litlle paranoid,i will not sell this car to anyone.I took very good care of her and i feel very attached to her. The price is 6000 with shipping for free(if necessary in the continental US),since my brother in law works at DAS,and he promised me that it will cost me nothing to ship it to you.I dont want to offend you by anything but if we are going to complete the sale we are going to use Ebay Purchase Program which will cover the purchases up to 20,000 USD.Please also provide me with the following details necessary to take a decision:

-your full name and address for shipping

-your ph# If you agree with my terms,i will need your name and address and i will contact ebay to inform them about our agreement and to start the program to protect us.If this is ok with you and you want me to explain how the process works,please email me and i will do that. Thank you and i will wait for your email."

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

My neighbor has a beautiful 68 Charger he brought back from the dead a few years ago. It is red with a black vinyl roof & interior. His asking price is $70K

If I had only started buying up Camaros, 'Cudas, & Chargers instead of Studebakers 20 years ago...

BH

Reply to
Barry

What part of Nigeria is the guy from?