59 Lark Drums Interchange

Does anyone know if any late model cars brake drums will fit or interchange the drums (front or rear) on a 1959 Lark - 170 6cyl. (un-finned)?

Reply to
studebiker59

As far as I know, all the brake drums will interchange (except for those with the flanged axles).

If you are going from six to six, then I think everything should be the same size. If you are going with brakes from a V8, you will need to switch backing plates as well.

good luck

snipped-for-privacy@cable> Does anyone know if any late model cars brake drums will fit or

Reply to
62champ

Did you try asking at a Salvage Yard. Those guys seem to know what cross fits to what

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

From an old post I found on Google newsgroup search