Studebaker radiator interchange?

It seems to me a late model lark radiator will fit a 60 lark?or will it or the car need any mods.?thanks for any help.

Reply to
63t-cab

I think that all the Lark radiators (and T-Cabs) will interchange. Only caution is on how many rows are involved.

JT

63t-cab wrote:
Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Not only rows, 2 vs. 3, but also fin spacing and design. The zig-zag between the tubes is spread out more, on a six cylinder car, than a V-8. If the tag is still soldered to the top tank, a parts book can help identify the application. As I recall, there are probably dozens of different part numbers and physically they do fit. But the question is will they cool properly? I have seen lots of six cylinder bone-yard radiators installed in V-8 cars, which explained why they always ran 'warm' with a clean block.

Reply to
keith_kichefski

Yep, I have a six cylinder radiator that has staggered rows. Someday, it might get recored with a four row for V8.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire