An SDC members passing

Long time used Studebaker parts vender JIM HEIPLE passed away on thursday.

JIm, a member of the Allegheny Region chapter as well as other regions, leaves behind a wife and three children.

Viewing will be in Somerset Pa on saturday from 2pm to 4pm and 7pm to

9pm. Burial service will be on Sunday.

For info on funeral home and internment please GOOGLE Somerset newspapers later on today.

Ellenslover

Reply to
ellenslover

Crap, just talked to him at York, damn shame.

snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I am so sorry to hear this, what happened? I was not even aware that Jim was ill, just saw him at York. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Some additional info about Jim's viewing. It will be at the Miller Funeral Home

555 Tayman Ave, Somerset, PA 15501 (You can Google it for directions.) What a shock to all of us. Please keep Jim's family in your prayers. JWW (John Wherry)
Reply to
JWW

Ellen just got off the phone with Jim's wife. He had a bout with diabeties before York, and they came to York without the kids so thy could have sometime to themselves. Jim passed away at home, and while there was an issue with diabetes he was very private about his health issues and would not talk about them. This according to Ellen.

So guys, if you don't feel good, tell somebody.

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

"So guys, if you don't feel good, tell somebody. BG"

First, my condolences to Jim's family. May the good memories help them thru this difficult time.

Recently I experienced the same guy thing of not telling anyone, even my better half, that I was having pains that I thought were related to heart problems. Fortunately, the problem was not immediately life threatening. Then another medical issue came about, a guys only issue, and I waited a few days on that one too. Again, I dodged the bullet, but came close to possibly loosing something that no man wants to loose. Since then, I have come about and now tell my better half if there is something going on with me. But it did bring about this issue that guys have a problem with going to the doctor, and sharing how they feel, with those close to them. A true story was told to me about a man in his mid 40's who was laying with his wife in bed. He looked at her with tears in his eyes and said, "honey I'm sorry. I've been having chest pains for three weeks now." At which point he had a massive heart attack and died right there and then. How tragic I thought, that the man didn't seek help. He gave up a life with his wife and kids, etc because he kept it to himself. Now days I think that I'm more of a man by sharing, then I did by keeping it to myself. I'm not preaching. Just trying to show that thru my experiences with recent medical issues, that I've realized a few things. And I hope that his helps somebody realize it too.

Reply to
Pckstude

Well..... Hindsight isn't always accurate either... I forget the exact figure, but something like 30% of all people do not live through their first heart attack. And a lot of them never had a symptom. Sad, but true.... Jeff ( 0-1 doing cpr..) Rice

BG wrote:

"Pckstude" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

He did not appear to be all that old, issues? accident?

Reply to
oldcarfart

my father waited to tell of issues until it was irreverseable, I was supposed to be dead 2 years ago, but was candid about my issues (imagine that, eh?), now in great health, 165 lbs., and walking with minor assistance vs. wheelchair/scooter, 305 lbs. and body so toxic my sweat smelled like ammonia.

Reply to
oldcarfart

Snip

So if you are what you eat - does that make you a pussy?

MD

Reply to
Mark Dunning