Another Avanti lives

Sal just picked up the "non-running" Avanti we bought on ebay. It was last ran in the 80's, but stored in a attached garage in California. I told Sal to Kroil the cylinders and valve and try to turn it over tomorrow. Sal, being Sal, just had to put a wrench on the crank and give it a try. Since it turned over without much effort, he tossed in a battery, poured some gas down the carb and it started right up. He's convinced with some fresh gas in the tank, he'll drive it off the trailer. It makes you wonder why the PO didn't spend a hour doing the same. BTW, oddly enough, both power windows work great too.

Reply to
John Poulos

That actually makes perfect sense, since I've seen you fight with several avantis with DOA power windows... BEFORE the motors were reproduced.

nate

(I guess the horseshoe only goes so far... that's the kind of thing that happens to the rest of us all the time )

Reply to
N8N