ford v6 in series 2

I have one very rusty series 2 and a ford sapphire cosworth. I am also looking for someone who makes transfer boxes that would fit on
the back of a certain ford gearbox so I can drive the props on the series 2. Any suggestions welcome :) And I know I might need some axles with different ratios in them and one will have to be a salisbury...................
--
Mark Roberts

Ashcrofts used to do a conversion, they no longer do them now though.
I got a later conversion which uses a Jag / SD1 Auto and origionally had the Jag lump in but is presently part way through a refit to a V8.
More details on my site under the Percy links.
Lee
--
www.lrproject.com

BEWARE :- It seems many peoples 13mm spanners are being 1/2 inched.......
On or around Tue, 6 Feb 2007 23:37:36 -0000, "Dr_D"

There are V6-landy box conversions to be had. I forget who it was now. Maybe Steve Parker?
Once, when the secrets of science were the jealously guarded property of

http://www.steve-parker.co.uk/site.html
though info about conversions is a bit sparse
Richard
--
www.beamends-lrspares.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@beamends-lrspares.co.uk
www.radioparadise.com - Good Music, No Vine

Indeed , I'm falling in to the Auto trap....
Lee D
--
www.lrproject.com

BEWARE :- It seems many peoples 13mm spanners are being inched.......

I knew about the steve parker conversions. What I want is to not have the series box. Cosworth v6 is a bit more than 200bhp so it wouldnt last too long. I'd try and leave the ford box on and just have a transfer box you see. Milner do this sort of thing and I should probably ring them up. I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone here had already done it :) The aim is to put a new galvanised chassis on the landy and while its just chassis fit the engine that we just happen to have lying around. (It was destined to go in a reliant scimitar..........)
--
Mark Roberts

You're gonna have trouble pushing 200bhp through anything series related, be it gearbox, transfer box or axles. As for custom conversions of gearboxes/xfer boxes I have yet to find anybody who quotes anything reasonable for doing such a job. In fact with some of the quotes i've had it would be cheaper to buy a lathe and milling machine and convert a Xfer box to take a propshaft input myself. As such I have yet to fulfull my desire to fit a 180-200bhp 3.0 Straight 6 to a landrover
Alex

Well it would mainly be the back axle and I'm willing to swap that for a Salisbury. I reckon that will take 200bhp :)

How much have you been quoted? I think I may phone up Milner tomorrow to see anyway.

:)
It's strange how these mad ideas start once you have enough bits lying around........
--
Mark Roberts

writes

If you have to use a Series gearbox use a Series 3 but don't give it wellie in reverse. Steve Parker V6 conversions are very good and very complete but you need to move the front engine mountings on the chassis which won't do the galvanising a lot of good.
Martin

:) I was going to say that those front mountings don't need galvanising as they never rust because of the oil leaks...................................................
--
Mark Roberts

Hi,
I fitted a ford V6 into a lightweight onto series box using a steve parker conversion kit. No problems at all, but this was 20 years ago, so don't know what steve parker has nowadays.
Andrew

There is very tasty series v6 in this months lro maybe a bit of usefull info there
Icky