At the museum today OT - spoke wheels

We got another photo of an old car today asking for ID.

There are several things that we look for to compare "their" photo with identified car photos that we have. One of these is the number of spokes on wooden wheels. This one we figured was a 1914 Caddy, IIRC. We noticed that the rear wheels had more spokes than the front wheels. First time any of us had ever noticed that. Within minutes I found another (expensive) car that was the same. The rear wheels have to transmit the power and the brakeing, but not together. The front have the greater weight and rut load on them and more side thrust when going around corners.

I wonder of the guys back then actually figured things out or just took a stab at things.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

It makes sense... A lot of women have more in back than in front, too. Jeff

We got another photo of an old car today asking for ID.

Reply to
Jeff Rice

anal-engineering (they pulled the answer out of their ass!!!!!!!!!!!)

snipped-for-privacy@earthl> We got another photo of an old car today asking for ID.

Reply to
oldcarfart

This one went straight to my active humor folder!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

You have an 'inactive' humor file, too? Jeff

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote. This one went straight to my active humor folder!

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Yep... It's called "archived ...." probably nover to viewed again. I occasinally send/forward the current stuff.

Ya jis gotta git in my twisted mind to unnerstan...

JT

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire