WRX/STi gear stick wobble

Had my Type UK STi since August. At some point, I noticed that the gear stick, in any gear or in neutral, has a certain amount of lateral movement to it ie it wobbles left/right. I am sure it didn't use to do this but after taking it to a dealer, he showed me it was the same in another car and "normal" and suggested I just suddently noticed this.

Can anyone else confirm?

Neil

Reply to
Neil Levine

How much wobble is there? Are you talking 1 inch side to side, or 1/8 inch side to side?

Some wobble is normal. I've driven nothing but sticks for the last 25 years and they all had some wobble.

Ragnar

Reply to
mulder

Reply to
kevin wallis

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:58:14 -0500, Ragnar a ecrit:

It's about 2 inches I would say

Neil Levine

Canada-spec STi confirmed here: there's been some slight lateral wobble since I bought it. It shakes just slightly when in gear and I'm driving around, also. I don't think it's a quarter of an inch, but it's definitely there.

Reply to
k. ote.

2 inches is nowhere near my Canada-spec STi. That's some pretty big play going on there. But still, that could just mean that U.K. spec is looser.. especially if he showed you another vehicle and called it normal..
Reply to
k. ote.

U.S.-spec STi here. It does move very slightly but nothing significant. If anything it is still a little stiff. But, this might be due mostly to the cold weather. BlueSTi "Scary-Fast"

Reply to
BlueSTi

Reply to
kevin wallis