Champ drum and wheel questions

I am working on a 64 Champ half ton and all four drums are shot. I know about the Chevy drum conversion but am wondering if that requires use of Chevy wheels also. I'm not a truck guy but I know there are a few of you out there... Anyone done the conversion and kept the factory wheels? Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

mbstude

Chevy wheels arent necessary, the Chevy drums merely eliminate the weird Stude brake drum ridge.

Reply to
transtar60xxx

I have all the parts to do the conversion but I will be using Lincoln turbine alloy wheels. But, I see no reason that the Stude wheels would not work.

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yep... Exactly why I'm doing the conversion. Plus, my drums are shot as well. Look for my turdbox T-Cab to be sportin' Lincoln alloy wheels in the future...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire