COMPLETE 1957 Clipper on e-bay!

Here's a 1957 Clipper the group may have missed because it is among the e-bay Packards. As I post this, the high bid is only $760. Geeze, even with freight to just about anywhere, the complete engine is worth 'way more than that...and then there's the Factory Air with cool ducts in the rear windows to boot!

bobcaripalma

John Poulos

Of course, the reserve may be substantially higher..

JT

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Grumpy au Contraire

Reply to
John Poulos

I would part it out as I still like the outlandish tail fins/lights and I suspect that it is a fairly rare car. But, if $100 didn't make reserve, it probably will be a nogo...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy au Contraire

Wow... discussions of parting it out, good thing we don't have Packard folks here who would rip us a new butthole just like what happens here when someone considers parting out a similiar condition Studebaker. The car looks like a decent restoration candidate, not a typical parts car.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Agreed entirely, Lee.

The factory air appears legitimate and if the car is at all solid, it looks so complete and original that I'd hope to see it restored.

Those cars are not as shunned among Packard people and the Packard Club as conventional wisdom has it. There were several '57s and '58s at the

1999 Packard Centennial in Warren Ohio and I didn't see anybody turning up their nose at them. (Well, there WAS a Packard Hawk with a later-model R2 setup on it and several other obvious mods that was placed in the stock classes incorrectly, but that was diplomatically moved to an acceptable alternate area.)
Reply to
bobcaripalma

I always thought it was too bad that Studebakers (and '57 Packards) didn't use the same treatment that GM did with their trunk-mounted AC. Instead of the plastic "cones" just sticking up, the GM versions fed into ducts along the roofline with vents along the run- much neater and better air distribution. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Actually, the hard core Packard followers don't consider Stude shelled

1957-58 examples to be real Packards. Still, the fins on the 1958's sort of hold a soft spot for me...

JT

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy au Contraire