convertible tops

Has anyone ordered a top from this place?

Wondering about quality, fit, finish.....

Thanks!

Judy

Reply to
Judy Sauer

Judy Unless you are going to install the top yourself, buy it from your top guy! Because, if it doesn't fit right, the top guy will blame the product, and tell you that's the way "your" top fits, You wouldn't bring in a beef patty to McDonalds and ask them to cook it for you! would you? I get people all the time wanting to bring in their own parts and have us fix their car. They bring used or aftermarket "junk" and get mad when I refuse to install them.

Just a "shops" perspective.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner

I agree, I know the shop here that does 99% of the convertible tops will more than likely not touch anything they don't make themselves. If you insist, you'll wish you had them do it themselves when you get the installation bill and see how some of this aftermarket crap fits. And forget about any warranty work.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
Judy Sauer

I put a new J.C.Whitney top on my '47 Dodge convertible when I was in high school. I did ok except that I had the top mechanism completely closed when I tried to stretch and fasten the top to the frame. Can you say "super balloon going down the road"? Paul Johnson BTW- the top and pads cost me something $20- tells you how long ago that was. I had driven the car all winter with no top- windows rolled up, two heaters and lots of blankets.

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Judy Get a top from Ernie Loga. He has convertibles himself. You have to have patience.

715-832-7302. Any> Has anyone ordered a top from this place?
Reply to
RBK.

I think he has them made by the same factory I do, don't know how his price compares though.

RBK. wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos