Craftsman Socket Sale

I read on one of those "slick deals" websites that Sears has put all of their non-laser-etched sockets on sale starting today... 50% off. These are for sockets only, as in individual sockets.

That is all.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Has anyone checked this out? I might swing by sears on Friday.

Nick

Reply to
Studedude

Reply to
itraseecab

I read that it was "in store" only. It seems that Sears is getting rid of their stamped sockets and replacing them with the laser-etched sockets.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Those are nice to read (without glasses).. Now, if they could only make them so the metric sockets would stay the Hell out of the regular socket drawer... Jeff

"Lee Aanderud" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

What is this "metric sockets" thing... aren't those the ones you beat on a stripped nut with a hammer?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Went to Sears this afternoon. Could find no sockets on sale and the sale on tool chests was not present either. I asked about both and the clerk went to the computer but said he could not find those items on sale.

Joe (I guess I'd better find those missing sockets) Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab

Just got back from my local Sears. All of the old style (stamped size) were marked 50% off with a red sticker. They are in the $1.50 to $2.50 range.

Got mine, Dustybob

Reply to
Dustybob

Now have them lazer engraved. . . "I stole this from Dustybob". Or insert another name if someone else is buying them too.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Haven't done it yet, but am tempted to go and buy about a dozen each 7/16,

1/2, 9/16 sockets so I can feel less guilty about leaving them all over the shop ... Jeff (Every time DustyBob post's, I think of BBQ..) Rice

"Dustybob" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Darn!. I went to the Sears in Hagerstown to pick up my 1 1/2" socket- no sale stickers. I asked at the checkout and they said that sale was about two weeks ago. At least I got a new laser cut socket. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Could they be given some sort of bright color finish at a reasonable price? Bright orange, lime green, lemon yellow like candy, for sizes ending in

8ths, 16ths, & 32nds, etc? Easier to spot and put back > Now have them lazer engraved. . . "I stole this from Dustybob". Or insert
Reply to
midlant

I went this morning, no signs but I asked and they said all stamped sockets were 50% off. You have to look on the tag to find the regular price. I picked up a half-dozen 6-point sockets. A lot of metric available, the standards were pretty well picked over... not a 9/16 to be found.

Stopped by Harbor freight to pick up a grinder stand for my new grinder and they were out of the one on display for $24.99... then he asked me if I wanted the deluxe heavy-duty one which is on sale for $29.99 down from $49.99. Of course I fell for the bait and switch routine.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud