Did I miss it?

Whatever happened to the Explorer rear end swap that Pat D. was attempting? I must have missed the outcome... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

No, been busy with other things - I got the rear, the only thing the same is the distance drum - to - drum. Spring perches are wrong and the pumpkin is offset - not sure if it will work or not, should find out in a few weeks.

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I have a 9 inch ford from a 1957 fairlane under my 1960 lark drag car. It only required moving the spring perches about 1/2 inch on each side to install, shaft is in the center of the tunnell and it works great. I did not have an original drive shaft so I don't know if it will have to be changed. Lamar

Reply to
wbutler

I put a 56 Chevy running gear into a 50 Chevy years ago. The spring perches were off about 1 inch as I remember it. I just cocked the spring out at the bottom and bolted it in. I drove it that way for about 5 year and 50K with no problem. 2" would not work for sure though. It might be cheaper in the long run to get the flanged axles for your 44.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I got a Ford Torino under my Hawk.. tires are a bit close but it clears.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me