Didn't this car start out as a Studebaker?

Young Captian

I think I just threw up a little.

Lee

Lee Aanderud

Sure is in nice condition 40 years later!

***
Reply to
Jeff Rice

Looks like a Checker designed Bat-Mobile.

Reply to
Dave Lester

It's had a 'sympathetic' restoration. It sure needs a little sympathy.

Reply to
Dan

hhmmmm

I would guess that the Mopar windshield by itself would be wider than any body Studebaker ever made.

the rear window (the worst thing about it) seems to be a homage to the Starlite, though.

don't know why he used an Olds engine.....assume the cowl is Mopar, the front fenders are at least inspired by '60 Dodge......so if you had all those different manufacturers bits to choose from, why would you pick Studebaker front suspension??????

not too ugly for a custom of that era, tho'.....certainly better looking than a Gaylord, a Mohs.....all the assets of GM and they came-up with the '59 Olds, Buick & Chevy......come to think of it, better looking than a '61 Dodge or Imperial........gees, I guess '58 Stude/Packackers were ahead of their time!

Reply to
From Punoneboi

in a word....woof

Reply to