Displacement math

If you bore a 289 .140 over, what do you have for displacement?

Reply to
Pat Drnec
312.654cid

Try this page it has Stude info as well.

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

Thanks, Wiz!

Wizard of Oz wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Well, Pat, if you don't have a given block sonic tested for wall thickness before boring it a buck forty over, you may wind up with unlimited displacement...as in the whole atmosphere!

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Bored, sleeved and bored.

Runs like a jackrabbit, too!

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Reply to
Pat Drnec

BTW, this is the motor I posted about 2 years ago - I broke down and bought it, finally got around to installing it. Built by Tucker, here's the specs:

140 overbore all cylinders are sleeved, Ross pistons Perfect Circle moly rings, .010 Clevite77 bearings, Cunningham connecting rods, 570 heads with new seats and Chevy valves and springs, ARP head studs, NOS oil pump, aluminum timing gear and Isky ST5 cam, new rocker arms, copper head gaskets, 9.7 to 1 compression. It has also been balanced.

A th> It's sitt>> Who has it? Stude Bob has one that I think was 321 inches.

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Alex, either you have invented a time machine and have traveled into the near future or you need to re-set your computer clock. If the first is true, send me some final ballgame scores (oh, I'll need the team names to go along with the scores).

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Who has it? Stude Bob has one that I think was 321 inches.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

If that's the one that was in the 54, I think "we" (Bud & I) broke 3 motor mounts in 1 day, (popped the clutch, but only 3 times) Drilled the left one and used a grade 8 bolt.

Jim (I know nothing) Turner

Reply to
Jim Turner

Jerry, Here's a partial score: Chicago 6

Jim Turner

Reply to
Jim Turner

Reply to
midlant

I hope to be there. I skipped this year because I had made no changes from last year. I now have my new Distributor and I will rejet for that higher altitude.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Just reset it tonight.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I hope you are going to get some of the flanged axles to handle that power. Especially with a four speed.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno