Does anyone know what happened to Stephan Allen?

He does not answer the phone and his website is dead. His Dad passed away and I do not know what his plans are.

Bob Kapteyn

Reply to
RBK.

There's a long thread on the sdc forum - Steve has closed up shop and gone hunting.

RBK. wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Grohs

He quit as a retail vendor.

RBK. wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I sure hate to see him quit after building up a successful operation, but running a business like his is a big job. A job one may not want to continue if $$ is no longer needed. I'd rather be spending all of my time just working on my Studes or travelling, myself. Barry'd in Studes

Reply to
Barry

Amen, Barry. I did a lot of biz with Stephen and the crew, and I will miss them. If any of them are out there reading, a big THANK YOU for the absoulte first class service for all the years. Tight lines and good hunting Stephen, and Danny and Carol..the best in the future to the finest bunch of parts vendors I have ever known in all my years. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I only dealt with him a few time but every transaction went smoothly and as promised.

JT

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

another that his fancy is feeling. We should have a rule. Reason offers itself; but it is pliable in every sense; and thus there is no rule.

275. Men often take their imagination for their heart; and they believe they are converted as soon as they think of being converted.

276. M. de Roannez said: "Reasons come to me afterwards, but at first a thing pleases or shocks me without my knowing the reason, and yet it shocks me for that reason which I only discover afterwards." But I believe, not that it shocked him for the reasons which were found afterwards, but that these reasons were only found because it shocked him.

277. The heart has its reasons, which reason does not know. We feel it in a thousand things. I say that the heart naturally loves the Universal Being, and also itself naturally, according as it gives itself to them; and it hardens itself against one or the other at its will. You have rejected the one and kept the other. Is it by reason that you love yourself?

278. It is the heart which experiences God, and not the reason. This, then, is faith: God felt by the heart, not by the reason.

Faith is a gift of God; do not believe that we said it was a gift of reasonin

Reply to
Barry

he prefers not to seek. And to answer to that: The machine.

248. A letter which indicates the use of proofs by the machine.--Faith is different from proof; the one is human, the other is a gift of God. Justus ex fide vivit.33 It is this faith that God Himself puts into the heart, of which the proof is often the instrument, fides ex auditu;34 but this faith is in the heart, and makes us not say scio, but credo.35

249. It is superstition to put one's hope in formalities; but it is pride to be unwilling to submit to them.

250. The external must be joined to the internal to obtain anything from God, that is to say, we must kneel, pray with the lips, etc., in order that proud man, who would not submit himself to God, may be now subject to the creature. To expect help from these externals is superstition; to refuse to join them to the internal is pride.

251. Other religions, as the pagan, are more popular, for they consist in externals. But they are not for educated people. A purely intellectual religion would be more suited to the learned, but it would be of no use to the common people. The Christian religion alone is adapted to all, being composed of externals and internals. It raises the common people to the internal, and humbles the proud to the external; it is not perfect without the two, for the peo

Reply to
keith_kichefski