Door Panel Question

Does the door panel upholstery on a CK normally fit between the kick plate and the door sheet metal or does the door panel upholstery stop above the kick plate lip? Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

On the 1953-57 C/K the rug goes over. On the 1958 up it goes under the step plate

Reply to
RBK.

Thanks for the note about the carpet, but my question is about the door panel. If you sit in the drivers seat and put your hand on the door panel and slide your hand down, does the door panel upholstery end before the top of the kick plate lip or does it go between the lip of the kick plate and the door sheet metal? Thanks Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

I belive the door panel should go all the way to the bottom of the door. That way, when the door is closed it is pinched between the door and the little rise on the sill plate.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

While I cannot look directly, I believe that it goes between (by design) depending on the fit from the factory which varied back in those days.

In fact, I also believe that the same goes for sedans of the era.

JT

Bill Clark wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire