Ebay spoof Question?

I was bidding on a Avanti motor and transmission but didn't stay by the computer this time and lost. But I did receive a second chance offer. Well that would have been great except for the fact it was a fraud,phishing type thing. First tip off was it wasn't addressed directly to me,just my Ebay handle. And all contact info was to a hotmail account. I forwarded it to Ebay as a spoof. But my question is, how did they get my primary email account address,without going through ebay? Otherwise its just a Ebay handle. I even asked Ebay that question and of course no response. Malcom

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

Believe it or not I have another spoofter trying to sell me a, R1Studebaker Avanti 289 motor and transmissionItem ###### "Hello, i saw that you want to buy 63 Studebaker R1 Avanti Engine auto Transmission V8 289 ( 180039988557 ) , i want to inform you that i have two similar items , if you are still interested reply me, thank you and have a nice day ... Clark, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

Ask him for the engine numbers, see what he makes up (:-)

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Maybe something you wrote on the NG gave him a hint and he cpnncted 1 and 1 to get 2. Anyone can read our stuff without making themselves known.

Karl

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
midlant

Reply to
Malcom Gillette

0039988557&descc%20Studebaker%20R1%20Avanti%20Engine%20auto%20Transmission%20V8%20289&price=US%20$1,212.34&sellermail= snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
R W Hughes

The Netcraft toolbar correctly recognizes it as a phish. But otherwise, if you weren't paying attention, it does look very legit other than the address.

nate

Malcom Gillette wrote:

0039988557&descc%20Studebaker%20R1%20Avanti%20Engine%20auto%20Transmission%20V8%20289&price=US%20$1,212.34&sellermail= snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Nate Nagel

When I click on the link, I get a page that looks like the E-Bay "You are buying..." but asking for a name and address... Gosh Golly Gee, how many engines does he have? Dick S.

0039988557&descc%20Studebaker%20R1%20Avanti%20Engine%20auto%20Transmission%20V8%20289&price=US%20$1,212.34&sellermail= snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Dick S.

I filled out the form with all phony info. (:-)

0039988557&descc%20Studebaker%20R1%20Avanti%20Engine%20auto%20Transmission%20V8%20289&price=US%20$1,212.34&sellermail= snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Alex,

Expect a visit from Bruno Ch> I filled out the form with all phony info. (:-)

0039988557&descc%20Studebaker%20R1%20Avanti%20Engine%20auto%20Transmission%20V8%20289&price=US%20$1,212.34&sellermail= snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com >

Reply to
midlant

0039988557&descc%20Studebaker%20R1%20Avanti%20Engine%20auto%20Transmission%20V8%20289&price=US%20$1,212.34&sellermail= snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

JIUGEWANGLE.Com is administered by...

Ma Liming nic-hdl: ML850-AP e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@cect-chinacomm.com.cn address: B904,Yuhui Mansion,No.73,Fucheng Road, address: Haidian District, Beijing, China phone: +86-10-64169966 fax-no: +86-10-64163632 country: CN changed: snipped-for-privacy@cnnic.net.cn

Why don't you forward him ( it?) a nice note...

Reply to
SilverStude

Or Undugu from Nigeria.

0039988557&descc%20Studebaker%20R1%20Avanti%20Engine%20auto%20Transmission%20V8%20289&price=US%20$1,212.34&sellermail= snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com >

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Don't let anyone else know, but I'm working with him on getting ahold of a dead American engineers $6 million bank account.

Reply to
midlant

Watched an expose on CTV a few months back. These guys maybe Nigerian but they hang their hats in Holland and Belgium. They had them on camera. Death threats were made when the jig was up and the hidden camera came out in plain view.

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

I've known only nice Nigerians and used the only image that many internet users have, the "letter writers."

Obviously, as with any other group, Nigerians come if a vast range from horrid to sa> Watched an expose on CTV a few months back. These guys maybe Nigerian but

Reply to
midlant