ebay: Tickle me elmo O.T.

It's no wonder it's hard to find popular toys, the retailers put them on ebay. Ebay is raking in the listing fees from idiots try to sell one for $200-$1000, must be a 1000 Elmo's listed in case lots.

John Poulos

Not just the retailers, John. I keep tabs on evilBay's "Toys & Hobbies" discussion board, and there was an explosion of talk by folks buying 2 or 3 at Walmart and listing them as a one day auction with a $300 BIN - some of them actually sold! It has to be blind greed that drives this kind of mentality.

Reply to
zoombot

My favorite is the college kid trying to sell one for $10,000,000, for tuition money, saying he'll donate 40% to charity. Six million for tuition ???

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I've never seen dirtbags worse than when I was into GI Joe collecting. Everything on the shelves today are "collector pieces" and not toys... people actually start slashing boxes with box cutters so that "your piece" isn't in mint condition and worth less than mine. I laugh everytime I see $100 price tags on GI Joes in antique stores that were bought for $40 and now actually worth about $5. It was these same scumbag types that would push each other down to get into the store when they opened.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud