Found on the Net

Interesting For sale ad:

MY STUDEBAKER DAYTONA STATION WAGON?. YEP, the one with the sliding roof. Yes, you do remember the early 60?s Studebaker adds showing the roof that slid forward opening up the rear area so you could haul the new Amana refer home! They also had a camping tent deal you could put up around the rear of the car.. Well the other thing about these was they had a ?327? engine and lots of guys think it was a Chevy, but it ain?t no Chevy at all, it is the AMC based engine! This car is nearly complete and may run but the carb is missing. It has some rust and some bondo, no it is not a cherry, needs a resto or mostly needs a Studebaker nut to take it under wing. Are you the one? Bring me 400 bucks and she?s yers!

Reply to
John Poulos

I'm gonna havta make a copy of this for the museum library. I keep learning more and more about these cars almost every day.

Thanks, John

Karl

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
midlant

If they would have had 327 Chevy engines in them, they would have been a lot more scarce today than they are now. and most of them would have blown engines from being thrashed at the strip and and roundy round tracks, That being said, there may have had more speed equipment made for the Studes ie headers, stall converters traction bars, and such. Probably would have sold more cars too

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

Hi John,where in the USA is this thing located? Thanks.RICH

Reply to
Mertz Racing