Gas lines broken on trimmer...

I have a Homelite gas trimmer and both ends of the tubes (to the gas tank) broke off. The hardware store wants to charge me $50 and take 2 weeks to repair. How can I fix this myself? Any help would me much thanked!

Reply to
earwood4095

jerrystudebaker

I am doing the same thing on mine for the second time. It's not difficult to do. Go to a decent hardware store like Orchard Supply Hardware or a good Mom and Pop shop and ask for repair items for mowers and trimmers. They will sell you a small package of fuel line for a few bucks, cut it to fit and replace both pieces. Be sure they are cut long enough to reach the bottom of the gas tank. Also, if you cut the side that's going into the tank at about a 45* angle it will be easier to install in the tank. That way you can save yourself about $45 and a coulple months of time waiting. (they won't get it right the first time, or the parts will be on back order)

Reply to
Sals54

The plastic tube part of the tank or the hose itself broke? I know that the tanks are not cheep but they are easy to replace yourself. I have a Homelite that has a badly scored piston and bore that would cost more to fix than the $89 I spent on a new trimer.

Reply to
Dale J.

Reply to
j.shavish