38 Commander on ebay

I just listed Frank Starr's 38 Commander on ebay.

John Poulos

I guess the con rods didn't work out?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

This is obviously one I will be watching REAL close, if only to get a ballpark value of mine. Mine is a runner and driver; state model with the cathedral headlights and slightly nicer interior. According to Robert Kapteyn, late in production. As those who have seen my car can attest, it has NO rust and is mostly original including interior although hardly in show condition. Any idea what you guys are shooting for pricewise, John? I have considered selling mine (every time I get financially pinched) but really don't have a clue as to what the thing is worth and if there is such a thing as reverse insanity...I know my chances of ever finding another in such shape for what I have in it are dwindling fast and I really am quite attached to the damned car... Studebaker George (funny this came up as I am trying to get it ready to DRIVE it to a chapter meeting for the first time)

Reply to
Studebaker George

Anything much over 2K and it's gone. (I think that's too cheap though, hoping for more)

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
mbstude

No, I forgot that the 49+ conrods are shorter. When they pushed the engine out to 245 (246?), they lengthened the stroke but didn't raise the block, so the rods are shorter. Duh. I'll put them on Ebay, unless somebody needs a set of late rods - $75.

Nate Nagel wrote:

fstarr