GT Hawk

The cover photo of TW brought back memories. 'It was nearing winterabout 1968 and I needed a winter car (Boston, you know) I looked at it under a street light. It acted fine on a short test drive and I paid out the $200 asked with no qualms. 289 with AT,

I drove it for a few days before I noticed a bump on the floow. I eached down and found a pedal pad - immovable, expect that I could lift in and bring along the clutch pedal linkage arc arm! It must have come as a standard tranny car. Oh, well, tthat's probably better in show.

It gave me no problams at all! Several months or years later, I was driving ali=ong 128 and a red light shown through my rear window. I was speeding, with a blown muffler, and the reginstrationhad just gone out of date. I may have even had a drink or two. To make a long story short I told them about having to take a navy ship to Phildephona for decomminsinung and I was an available Engineman who had a week to spare (True) and that had been the cuae of my problems (Snff) They let me get away with it, with just my ID to back up the stiory.

I old the car, still as I had been running it a short time later to trimm herd. I sort of wished I had kept it, but I got a nice little $50 1963 wagonaire for what I got for the 'Hawk and that was more practical. for my needs.

Ah, the good old days.

BTW, in 1961 the Mass Minimum wage rose to $1.35 an hour and regular was 22.9 cents / gal for a long time where I bought it.

Reply to
Karl Haas