Having a Bad Day <OT, But Not Political>

Knee deep in snow. Like an idiot, drove the LHS into a 2' snow drift about

0815 this morning, got stuck. Got a brand-spankin' new 4WD in the garage, but it has just over 600 miles on it, didn't want to break it in that way, and the LHS has always plowed through snow before. By some standards, we didn't get much snow, but for here, it's a lot.

Knowing this was coming, I thought I was prepared. When the forecasters predicted 8"-12" of snow here, I realized that the brush hog on the back of the tractor would do me little good. Maybe I should have tried it, will a brush hog blow snow? Went out into the cold rain the other day, removed the brush hog, and installed the blade. Ran the tractor for a while, charged the battery, and pulled it under the lean-to.

Went to get the tractor after the snow drift incident, slipped on ice, and landed on my left shoulder. It now hurts, just like the right one! The tractor won't start. It's 17 degrees, what should I expect? :-( Had to call a neighbor to rescue the car, and remove enough of the drifts to allow me to navigate the drive way.

It's now 1420, and 40 degrees, and the thing still won't start. I've got my heat gun under the crank case, and the battery charger hooked to it. I also have another charger hooked up to a spare 12V battery. I would like to clear the rest of the drive today, but it's not looking good.

To make my day worse, each time I take a break from shoveling, I drop in on the NG and can't fully enjoy it because of all the political blather. I'm just about to be pulled into it, but I'm going to give it a little more time. I just know that Lee and Alex are going to come to an agreement at any moment.

Reply to
Dave's Place

It started! Finally got some starter fluid down it's throat!

See ya in a few hours!

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

If you could channel the hot air from the debate your driveway would be clean in minutes

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

Hi Dave; At least there is no J hook or ground wire problem. (:-)

Dave's Place wrote:

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

Just prior to the "Blizzard of '78" in new England, and after several days of (what turned to be dead nuts forecasting), I backed my T-Cab all the way back on the driveway. Instead of being able to dig it out in a couple of hours, it turned out to be a couple of days.

Don'tcha know that it's the wimmin that should do the shoveling etc. That's how they kill us, er you off before your time...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Hey dufus.............. here in NY we hire folks to shovel driveways. My neighbor could do your whole town in two hours, he has a fleet of trucks.

It has not dropped below 40 here in Valhalla since September, today it was

  1. NOW FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER........ NY is under a TORNADO WATCH. Temps are expected to drop in te next 8 hours from the 70's to the high 40's. Wind is kicking up big time.

Send me a photo of your shoulder, so I can add it to my gallery of your wounds :)

Reply to
Bill Glass

Dave's Galleria of Wounds Kind of has a ring to it

"Bill Glass" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Oh Dave! bad ground...bad, bad, BAD, mean, nasty ground!

Jim Bartley--but now well balanced (in pain)

Hope everone out there in the dark Midwest is safe and sound and warm. Its a nasty one...

Reply to
George Mills

Most not be a John Deere? ;)

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Man! This is a "No-Slack" zone!

It ain't easy being you!

MD

Dave's Galleria of Wounds Kind of has a ring to it

"Bill Glass" wrote...

Reply to
markshere2

Ain't that the truth!

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Thank God for small favors!

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

I'll let you 'splain that to What's Her face.

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Nothing like being surrounded with friends.

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Methinks your galleria would be larger than my galleria. :-)

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

HARD GROUND! (Didn't fall in the snow, fell on the ice covered asphault.

Dave (But, it's always got something to do with a ground of some sort.) Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Yep! That's fer sure...

"Dave's Placewrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Nope, but I'd paint it green if'n ya think that would really help.

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

I'm telling ya!