heater fan and switch

Hi All, I need a heater fan motor and switch for my '60 hawk. Does anyone know an inter-change for the motor and/or have a switch they'd like to sell?
Thanks

The correct motor for the 1960 Hawk would be 1540090 or 1540742 (canada). These are getting hard to find and I would replace it with a 1962 Hawk motor 1554985 ($105.00) which is a two speed motor. Studebaker always screwed around with one speed motors and used a resistor to obtain low speed for the blower motor.In 1962 they finally realized that just adding a third wire to the blower motor would be better. It is a true two speed motor and the blower switch does not have a resitor anymore. If you get the 1554985 (bolt in replacement) motor you should relace the 1544277 switch(with resistor) with a 1554978 (no resistor two way switch)($28.00). This will apply to all twelve volt Studebaker cars that have the heater motor under the passenger side front fender . For some of the older cars you would have to bypass the resistor and for all cars you would have to run a second wire from the switch to the low speed circuit of te 1962 Hawk motor or you can leave everything like it is and only use the high speed circuit of the motor(tape up the extra lead) and use you old switch with the resistor if it still functions. These switches were a pain. On 1963-64 Hawks ,the whole system is different since they did away with the under the passenger seat heater core.For real cold climates Studebaker offered a second heater under the drivers side front seat . There was even a gas heater available for some models for our friends in the north. You can call me at 815 722 7262 for availability of the motor and switch. Robert Kapteyn, Joliet Studebaker Service.
i found the heater motor at my local flaps.. the SINGLE speed one.... $38 IIRR but that was several years back. it DID TAKE an hours worth of time looking thru their heater motor book, comparing wiring, and bolt patterns..
the previous owner had SOME IDIOT replace the motor with a SINGLE WIRE one that ran the wrong way.. could NOT be reversed.. I found a motor that had 2 wires out, ground 1 and it turned that direction, reverse and ground the OTHER and it turned opposite..
same idiot ALSO didnt replace the heater hose to the floor mounted radiator.. said hose was about 1 3/4" thick from swelling SHUT
--Shiva--
Has anyone found a better squirrel cage for an Avanti to pump more heat into the cabin (i.e. move more air) - the metal one in my heater seems to have such small fins. Mind you, I'm putting in a new wiring harness to replace a sadly worn out one which might deliver more voltage to the motor and spin the existing cage faster. Still, in the northern climes, it would be nice to be warm if I was forced to drive my R2 some winter day.
Thanks!
Brooksie

Aren't Avanti's supposed to be hot in the summer and cold in the winter?
Lee

Yes, but like a true Avanti-nut, I'm buckin' the conventional wisdom...
;-))
Brooksie

Site Timeline