Howizzit That...

...when you buy something on eBay, PayPal debits your bank account immediately but when you transfer funds from PayPal to your bank, it takes days???

WTF!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I've always wondered the same thing.

Reply to
John Kunkel

I would bet that they "use" the $$$ like credit card companies and banks. I have had enough of Paypal; got by without it for YEARS and will do fine without it again. I have always said ithat if a person wants it bad enough, they will take the time to get a money order or if they are SDC members I will take their personal check. I also think that people who will take the time to get a MO are most likely more informed on what they are buying and not so much "impulse buyers". So what if I don't get quite a much "traffic", I never had a problem selling before paypal. Studebaker George (still think the market is ripe for a automobile only alternative to ebay due to it's changes)

Reply to
Studebaker George

Paypal has changed some since it's inception, but around 10 years ago, they stole $15.00 from me that was overpaid. They insisted I fork over my bank information to them, so they could send a refund check. I told them they could put a credit back on my Visa, just as quickly as the debited it for the payment. They didn't agree.

Reply to
BobJ

They take your money and it goes into their account along withthe money from a million of other people like you and they get the interest made on it at the bank.5% of $100.00 for 4 days isnt much but 5% on $250,000 (SWAG) is another story.

Reply to
Bob

They claim it's due to your bank's or credit union's policies. not Paypal.

Reply to
Dan

It's just crazy that they facilitate "instant" payments to sellers via bank transfers but three days (in my case) to transfer $500 to my bank account.

It won't kill me but just the same...

JT

Dan wrote:

Reply to