Hyundai may go poof!

Hyundai may also hit the big scrap heap in the sky!

Dan White

I somehow have my doubts about that one. Automobiles are just a small part of the Hyundai conglomerate. For one, they have a huge industrial steel making operation, fabricating large and small diameter pipe, flanges, etc. As well, they also make pianos among other things for consumer goods. You can bet the South Korean government will step in if it becomes necessary. I think if Hyundai failed, it will have a much greater effect in it's home country than the failure of General Motors will have here.

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

Reply to
Robert Black

Whatever scandal it is that's shaking up the company certainly hasn't shown up in the product. The build quality has gotten progressively better over the past several year as you have found with your Sorrento (as has my mom with her two year old Accent). One would never know they have internal problems looking at their cars.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

Bob, my only experience with Kia was as a rental and it was junk. No power, all plastic and tinny sound of doors etc. I came away with you get what you pay for. I am sure others may have other inputs but I would never own a Kia from this experience period.

Reply to
Dan White

I flat out refuse to even rent a Kia. Studebaker George (gladly pays a few bucks extra for a Chrysler minivan)

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
Robert Black

Hyundai is also the world's largest commercial ship builder.

Reply to
Joe Baty