I'd liked a stude.

Name your poison!

Dave Lester

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Give us a little more information and I'm sure someone here can help you find the car of your dreams.

What type Stude do you want? They range from the mundane (Lark) to the exoctic (Avanti).

Any particular style? 2 dr, 4 dr; hardtop, copue,sedan?

What powerplant do you know and prefer? Flatheads; OHV 6's; 2 bbl,

4bbl and even Supercharged V8s....they're all here and built by Studebaker. The 65-66 models even used GM (McKinnon) SBChevy engines and the Avanti II line always used a mid-performance SBC engine and transmission, ranging from the 283-350-400 up to the newer LT-1 and now the Ford Mustang 4.6L (with or without Supercharger).

Any condition? Do you have mechanical ability and the tools to repair and/or restore one or would you prefer to turn-key model to jump right into and enjoy? Maybe somewhere in the middle...a little 'fixer- upper' requiring minor repairs or cosmetics?

This is a great group of knowledgeable guys, we're spread all over the world (mostly the US) and we're all genuinely glad to help someone realize the car of thier dreams.

We're also happy to provide used parts, new parts, NOS parts; some provide service and almost all of us will give advice on just about ANY topic, car-related or not! :)

Also let us know where you're located. We can provide more specific information on where you can find "real live people" to talk to and to visit with a local chapter or the Studebaker Driver's Club. There are over 13,000 members, so it's likely there is someone within driving distance of you.

Jump right in and get your feet wet...we're here to help (and ridicule on occaision!) Just kidding...I think!

Bob Lyle Austin, Texas

Reply to
Bigbob62