Interesting '61 Hawk on ebay

The tach looks aftermarket to me- otherwise very nice car. The '39 convertible must be some kind of custom body. Karl, do you know these cars or this owner? Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Actually looking at the dash it looks like a clock to me. why you wouldn't pop the extra couple bucks to have both I don't know, but I didn't order the car...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Maybe because it's a clock?

Ray

Reply to
Studeman

If the clock is where the tach should be, then what's where the clock should be? You can barely see some sort of guage on the right sode of the dash.

Matthew

Studeman wrote:

Reply to
mbstude

That's the blank clock filler pod.

mbstude wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

My '61 has the 'blank' in the Tach position, and the clock off to the rhs. Easy enough to switch. Probably owner preference (no passengers to tell him the time?) Jeff

"Nate Nagel" wrote...

Jeff Rice

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Combination of bad eyes, pre-conceived notion and general dumb condition. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I be think'n its a Pretty one. The only thing that takes away from it is the A/c unit. Such a pretty car, I donk know why studebaker could'nt come up with a better looking a/c unit. Its a huge hunking box,yuck. I get docked every time for it now being on my car. Recently I asked Sam to put it back on, I do have it but after seeing one more time: I'm starting to retract my request. The 61 Hawk will always be my favorite car. Its the Lines... Rhonda

Reply to
Red2ubabe

Mine too... If you are going to get docked for the a/c unit anyway, why not put a Vintage Air unit hidden underneath there and add their dash with the a/c outlets and be happy...and cool. Jeff

"Red2ubabe" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Because the goal of SDC judging is to encourage keeping them original!

HUH?

Reply to
Dave Lester

That's a clock in the tachometer spot. The clock spot has a blank in it.

-George-

-63 GT Hawk

-63 Champ

-56 Sky Hawk