January 2007 - Hemmings Classic Car

January 2007 - Hemmings Classic Car has the Top 21 Hottest Collector Cars list this month. The 1953 Studebaker Starliner is listed.

The magazine mentions, "The graceful, Europeon-influenced lines that pre-date the once hot Hawks, now slowly drying up in the market, are once again influencing collectors looking for something just a bit different from the norm".

I subscribed to Hemmings Classic Car and am glad I did. The publication is very Studebaker friendly.

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

"Once hot Hawks"? Maybe I'm misunderstanding the sentence, but I think the Hawks are as hot as they have ever been, if not hotter! In fact, my observation is that the C-K models are at their height of popularity right now andd are going up fairly rapidly in value.

I agree, it's a great magazine and yes, they are very Studebaker friendly. Clearly, this magazine has taste! :-)

-George-

63 GT Hawk 63 Champ 56 Sky Hawk

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
reichsrundfunk

I was looking through a 1969 copy of Hemmings Motor News when I saw this posting appear. It made me laugh as the prices of Studebaker products in

1969 were the lowest of any marque. How about a nicely restored Packard Hawk for $750? By the way I know who has that car today. Just wondering if I should send him a copy of that ad? Or an original low mileage 55 Speedster for $395? MikeW
Mike Williams

Last month they listed the Studebaker V8 as one of the 12 best engines. At last some people will now a little more about Stuebaker.

Geno

64 R2 Avanti

64 Daytona Convertible

Reply to