Just found this

Michael - Roseland FL

I agree, awesome car. But that ain't no Stude power plant!

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

t's true... But whar's the shiny stuff?

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I know it has Stude valve covers, but something just doesn't look right...

Might just be me though.

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

I agree with Matt. I think it's a SBC w/Stude VC's. Jerry.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

That's not a 283....

DGH

Reply to
doug holverson

Yes, I think so, no, make that 'I know so'. How many Stude V8's have you seen with the alternator bolted to the front of the passenger side head? Jeff, I know that you know what it is. But some of these Studebaker experts just cant get their brain around the fact that some of us like to modify, personalize, chop up and reassemble our cars in another form . BTW, I don't care how 'Studebaker Corp' did it, I'm gonna do it MY way. Jerry.

Jerry Forrester

If it is a Stude engine I hope he is not turning it to what it is redlined at. If he is he spends a lot of time picking up engine parts. Henry

blacklarkviii

There's a new term floating about for cars like this one... (unless this one has 'real' paperwork for homologation... by anal Stude experts ) They are now called 'tribute cars' Not the actual thing, but a recreation of what once was, or could have been. Sort of like a rusty old fiberglass bodied 'Rat-Rod'. Neat in itself, but just don't try to pass it off as 'original'... Jeff

"blacklarkviii" wrote...

** Posted from
**
Reply to