Oil changed... found this

I changed the oil this weekend in my TJ and XJ, and my gf's TJ. 18 quarts... ever time I change them I joke about making the sheiks rich and all. Found this website about oil

Thought it was interesting.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Shut down the commodities markets. Oil & gasoline prices would drop dramatically.

Twenty years ago, oil wasn't on the commodities markets. Supply and demand determined the prices. Now, it's speculators.

Track the money...

Reply to
ambrin

I remember reading a story about how we were running out of oil and were going to face serious shortages within 10 years. As I recall it was a very good article, with largely accurate facts and figures, and in a reputable publication.

It was also published in 1917.

We aren't running out of oil anytime soon, especially with the higher prices we are paying now (although they won't last).

Of course it would help if we had reasonable politicians.

I changed the oil this weekend in my TJ and XJ, and my gf's TJ. 18

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I had heard that Siberia has more oil than Saudia Arabia EVER did. Why the Russians aren't tapping this I don't know...

Reply to
pigdos

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Like maybe if you hated your neighbors and couldn't get them to leave town? ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

They have most of the worlds supply of natural gas deposits certainly.

Reply to
Dave Milne

In most cases you would be faced with greenies that won't let you sell your home at any price as long as they can sell someone else's.

Been a while, but thought our shale reserves up across eastern Montana, mid Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, etc. were huger than anything else except China areas of similar terrain. In many places you can see the thick layers along the high desert cliffs.

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

There are incredible amounts of methane deposits along the coasts. One trick would be to get at them without triggering gas avalanches.

Probably politically easier to mine cow farts though.

Dave Milne proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon