loaded for bear...

in the mail today, I got...

3 qts. Redline synthetic power steering fluid 2 Mr. Gasket 1/4" heat dissipating carb spacers (the ones with alternating sheets of aluminum and gasket paper) 1 R-1 PCV valve 1 pair intake gaskets (I can't remember if JP and I used all of them or not, but if I still have the last set I bought JP will appreciate them)

stopped at the parts store and bought two gallons of Mobil Delo 1300

I already have some Redline Heavy Shockproof for the rear end and MT-90 for the transmixer

need to stop at the boat store in the AM and try to pick up some clevises, all-thread, etc. to make the clutch linkage work (I have something that is, um, less than elegant operating it at the moment)

IT WILL RUN THIS WEEKEND IF IT FRIGGIN' KILLS ME...

nate

(unless, of course, something else comes up... waiting for a phone call right now re: a house...)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I think I found the correct clutch linkage, but you'll need to replace it on pain of death. You have two shift rods here too.

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

does that mean that Lee found one?

I am really so unconcerned about the clutch linkage, if I can replace it with something all-thread based I'll be quite happy, it's not like anything else is stock on the car.

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yep, Lee UPS'ed one.

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Does it look like the right one?

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Better hurry up and get that car done, once you get a house you won't have time for the car because there will always something at the house to work on or money for the car because you get to buy things like mowers, ladders, etc. I don't think there's been a week that has gone by that I haven't been in a Lowe's or Home Depot store since I bought my house. Tomorrow I get to put in the shoe molding in the guest bedroom that I tore the carpet up in last weekend and installed heartpine flooring. Then move the furniture back in. Next weekend I get to start the process all over in the room I've got set up as an office.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Is the R1 PCV valve threaded on one side?

JT

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yeah, it is the real deal, got it from Jon Myer

nate

Grumpy AuC> Is the R1 PCV valve threaded on one side?

Reply to
Nate Nagel

yes, it does. LMK if you just want to sell it to me or if I should be looking for a replacement.

thanks,

nate

Lee wrote:

Reply to
N8N

Or something else comes up like a bad noise in the bellhousing that seems to be clutch related that wasn't there when I was running the engine on the stand...

GRR! I just want to DRIVE MY CAR! is that too much to ask?

nate

(getting ready to pull the engine BACK OUT... guess I just wasted two quarts of MT-90...)

Reply to
N8N

update... engine is BACK IN... Diaphragm type pressure plate has been replaced with a Borg and Beck - what was happening was that with the clutch disc installed a part of the clutch was hitting the starter pocket and when the clutch was released it was hitting the whole way 'round... also was not releasing with the pedal... rather than try to do more serious bellhousing mods and also possibly have it still not work I just punted.

Looking possible for car to run tomorrow, if everything goes perfectly (yeah right) we will see... basically right now I am about where I started this AM except now I don't have a shifter installed.

nate

Reply to
N8N