Need Avanti (convertible) window motor

I know, rare as a hen's teeth and even harder to find without Avanti Motors to call on...but the passenger side motor has got t*ts-up on us after having Mike Gaither replace it less than two years ago!

Since Mike Kelly is seemingly still in jail, does anyone know if the business down there is still open and selling parts?

The motor still turns...the bearings turn but the little drive gear just sits there and stares at me!

I tried to inspect it but can't get the bearing cover off to see if maybe the drive gear has sheared a pin or if it's attached to the shaft with a setscrew...but I just can't tell and I don't want to destroy it.

I don't know why I'm hesitant to rip it's little guts out...it's sure as heck not doing me any good like it is!

Bottom line is...does anyone have a good one or know where I can start calling?

Yes, I'm gonna drive it if I can get the window to start working again!

With all the rain we've had up until last week, Trish has been hesitant to take it anywhere for fear of getting stuck with the window down.

And I look like a doofus, driving around with a convertible top down and the passenger window rolled up!! I don't need any help in THAT department...I'm bad enough as is!

Thanks, Bob (I wish it would rain again...this 98 degree crap is killing me! )

Reply to
Bigbob62

What year Avanti?

Reply to
Bob Johnstone

Bob, the new owner of the 89 convert I sold earlier this year just replaced both front window motors ( don't know how she killed those and the rears !). They're Chrysler motors ( her mechanic said the numbers didn't match up exactly to those listed on Bob J's website...).

As far as the factory, I bought an 06 earlier in the year and have been unable to get through to anyone at Avanti since then. If you can reach Jim Wilson or Jeff Beam at the number(s) listed at

you may be able to get some help, but consider yourself blessed if you reach anyone ( the facility is closed). I'm also trying to help the new 89 owner source the motor/regulators for the rear quarters. I had heard Renault Alliance from the factory a few years ago, but if you or anyone has a better match, let me know.

Jeff

Bigbob62 wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Grohs