New accessory on CDR

I added something to my car today. Cutout adhesive letters: A, H, O, and U, along with the number "2". (Even Marilyn said I did a good job. It looks just right.)

Can you guess the order?

Hint #1: The car is a 1964 Commander. Hint #2: Barry isn't allowed to answer. Hint #3: Rear bumper

Reply to
Karl Haas

It's a Goldwater (AuH20) bumper sticker. Correct for a '64 rear bumper. I have a Goldwater-Miller campaign button in my '64 Daytona.

Jim Bradley '64 Daytona HT "Rerun" Remove HAT to reply

Karl Haas wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bradley

I have one, too. Check with BP--he knew him.

Reply to
comatus

I did not now him and did not agree with him completely, but I remember shedding a tear when, at the age of 10, I heard that Lyin Bastard Johnson was elected in '64. Dems had portrayed Goldwater as a "war monger" because he had the cajones to defend the nation against Soviet agression, but it was LBJ who lied to Congress and escalated the Viet Nam war and eventually turned our communities & schools into war zones. Had Goldwater been elected, we would not have had to wait for Reagan to bring down the Berlin wall & shut down the Soviet Union. The Rockefeller wing of the GOP, now called neo-cons, were as much to blame as the dems for his defeat. It is a shame that Arizona was never able to elect another senator of Goldwater's caliber, just as it is that the nation was never able to elect a president of his caliber. Today, Ron Paul, carrying a similar message of limited government and American values, is gaining much support in the grass roots, and raising buckets of money, but is being shunned by his own party the same way that Goldwater was, and is being ignored by most of the controlled media. Barry'd in Studes

" snipped-for-privacy@bex.net" wrote in message news:Jd2dnc6x4ZMEp4ranZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@buckeye-express.com...

Reply to
Barry

Sorry everyone. I mean Bob Palma.

Reply to
comatus

I was told if I voted for Goldwater we would get involved in a big land war in Asia. I did, and we were. (:-) But I wonder what he would have done different in Vietnam and if it would have worked any better.

Reply to
ALEX M.

I read that book when I was young, along with Rumbles Right and Left and None Dare Call it Treason by John Stoermer, and many others.

The GOP leadership has been hijacked by the neo-cons, and is only "conservative" in comparison the the radically leftist Dem Party. Notice how quickly any presidential candidate who fails to march to the CFR tune gets deep sixed. The Dems were far more conservative 60 years ago than the GOP elite are at the present. The grass roots of both parties still have many conservative people who resent the big government, interventionist, elites running their parties who have no regard for the American people, our culture, or our national sovereignty. The public had an opportunity in '64 and made a choice for big government, minority favoritism, high taxes, and foreign war; and Americans have paid a very high price in the aftermath, while the media keep trying to convince us that the stinking pile of horse shit is actually chocolate ice cream. I stand my belief that had Goldwater been president, SE Asia would be free today. He would only have entered the conflict in order to win and win quickly and decisively. Barry'd in Studes

BH

Reply to
Barry

That was only half the story, you forgot to tell us how many millions were killed when we did leave ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

They would not have been killed if Nixon had not bombed Cambodia, which led to the overthrow of the popular prince Sihanouk by the military. Our bombing and the unpopular junta drove more people to join the rebels. We were the ultimate cause of the Khmer Rouge taking power. Just like with our idiot in chief today, our dear leader Nixon did not forsee all that could go wrong with his war plans.

Reply to
ALEX M.

There were two million killed IN Vietnam. PolPot had nothing to do with that.

Reply to
comatus

I luv 'em JT! Now if I could just get the cost covered by Canada's free medical care system... or at least Michael Moore said it was free! And he should know, right? Aw c'mon, don't tell me he's as big a fibber as Gore???? Either that or he's lookin' through a pair of those glasses hisself!

KB

Brooksie

Thar' all lookin' through 'em 'cept Gore obtained some "sky's a-fallin' filter variety.

The question I have is Gore getting as fat as Moore or is Moore slimming down to Gore specs?

JT

Brooksie wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire