New Carburetor for 1962 Champ

My 1962 Champ with 259 has been running roughly of late and as I suspected a new carb kit will not resurrect the old two barrel. From reading the news group in the past a 500 cfm Eddlebrock four barrel would seem to be the replacement of choice. I wondered if there were any tricks or pitfalls in the replacement that I should know about. According to the catalogue at my FLAPS it comes with a universal adapter.

My thanks for your help

Colin

Reply to
Blue-champ

It comes with a gasket, but that's about it. I assume you have a 4 barrel manifold so you can use the carb ?

Blue-champ wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Not to mention the need for a four barrel wide throat air cleaner that needs and adapter/spacer/riser plus the half inch or so spacer to raise the carb to allow the linkage to clear the manifold.

OTOH, I am converting all my 4 bbls to original 2 bbl...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I'm just mentioning my own experience with an Edelbrock. I already had an air cleaner when I bought the carb and thought that it would be a slam dunk but then I ran into the spacer issue on both "ends." On the bottom, I did not want to trim the linkage and I expected the need for the spacer but was surprised at the air cleaner issue.

JT

(Back to 2bbl Strombergs)

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I found that using a banjo fitting on the fuel line solved the top spacer problem.

Grumpy AuC> I'm just mentioning my own experience with an Edelbrock. I already had

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Geeeeez, I need to have at least a 1/2 dozen of those "in stock."

JT