NG broken?

The last post I see here is dated yesterday morning. Is there a general usenet problem, or is it a problem with my ISP? All my newsgroups seem to be way down in postings, but there's been zilch on the Stude group for 24 hours, as seen from here.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

problem, or

Reply to
Mark Anderson

problem, or

Usenet seems to be having systemic problems. newsguy isn't getting all posts and even looking on google it appears that all NG's are slower than normal.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

usenet problem, or

Reply to
itraseecab

Joe, are you using Outlook Express? Maybe your "sort" setting has gotten messed up. I have to go back to "View" periodically to reset mine preferences. For some unknown (to me) reason, they get set differently. After clicking "View" I click "Sort By" then I check "Sent" and "Sort Ascending". Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I think "the good old days" of Usenet are gone. When I first started visiting here, I would find new messages each time I opened the NG. If I posted a message, I could check email, and come back to the NG and see the message I had just posted... maybe 30 seconds later.

No more! On a "good" day (like today,) posts are 4 hours behind, at best. I don't know if it has something to do with my ISP, or his news service provider. I do notice that posts show up on Google quickly, but Google is such a PITA as a news reader, I have just about given up. Between poor Usenet connections, politics, and Tinkerbelle wanting me to smoke dope and dance, I have just about given up here.

Dave Lester Dave's Place Home of the Internationally Renowned Studebakers, 'Sheba and Goliath See pictures at

Dave's Place

I use "talkabout network"; I don't know if I'm missing anything; but everything looks to be about the same as usual. It's 7 pm eastern time, and I see Nate's posts from about 6:50 pm. When I take a look, all the posts I've previous viewed are highlighted a different colour (purple) and new posts, or posts I haven't previously viewed, are blue. Everything seems to be working ok. We'll see how long this post takes to show up.

Reply to
stude-ious

My previous post showed up in about 5 minutes..things seem to working ok on the talkabout network.

Reply to
stude-ious

I can post and read in under a minute, it's your crappy ISP.

Dave's Place wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

How do you access that?

Reply to
Dave's Place

Thanks, I feel much better now.

Reply to
Dave Lester

Exactly.

My posts show within seconds...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

yep, almost like a chat room.

Grumpy AuC> Exactly.

Reply to
John Poulos

To use "talkabout", just go to

register per the instructions, and you're all set.

Reply to
stude-ious