Follow the bouncing gas prices

There's a chain of gas stations in my area called, "Kangaroo" - how appropriate; this morning when I passed one, the price was $3.16, not two hours later, it was $3.09. Last time, $3.10! (About 4:15)

This is the kind of up-and-down movement I do *not* like

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Same out here Natalie - Safeway (grocery chain + gasoline) went up 3 times yesterday about a nickel a time

Cheapest I saw was $3.15 for both 87 and diesel at same Safeway but Chevron was changing sign. The Chevron by I-5 was 3.29. OUCH

Ron

Reply to
ron

Gas price has dropped here 45 cents from this morning. Price here will settle at around $2.40 +/- a few pennies. We won't see sub $2/gal gas ever again. The earth cannot keep up with our demand.

Reply to
Dbu,'

Gawd, we are being *so* ripped off!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I remember when my parents raised hell because gas went up to 75 cents!

Natalie, showing her age...

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Me basically being an old guy at 62 remember gas wars and a gallon going for 17 cents/gal. normal stable price was 28 c for reg and 32 for hi-test. All changed in 73 and we all gulped hard when gas went to 50 c per gallon. We still have cheap gas when you calculate in the inflation. We'll be ok at least until we can come up with alternative fuel. We need to do that in the next 10 to 20 years.

Reply to
Dbu,'

Reply to
Tim Klechak

I'd go along with that, but it don't help the crude production. Mother earth is trying, but can't keep up.

Reply to
Dbu,'

You still have it a lot better then we do in Canada. In my area, the average price for 87-octane gas is about $1.30 (CDN) per litre. If you convert to U.S. currency and U.S. gallons, it works out to about $4.14 U.S. per gallon. The biggest problem here is government taxes, with the greed of our oil companies being a smaller factor.

On the other hand, the U.K. probably has it even worse than both of us.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

$3.42 in MA. Where are you?

THere is enough in the ground IF alternatives are developed NOW!!!

And people stop driving Tahoes and Suburbans.

Reply to
SupraGenius

I remember when *I* raised hell when gas went up to 75 cents!

Hachi, showing *his* age!

Reply to
SupraGenius

Midwest.

In 73 during the last big critical gas crunch, everybody was looking for more economical vehicles. Well after a time and everybody got used to the new prices, they all went out and bought the big vehicles, picups, big vans ect. History repeats.

Reply to
Dbu,'

Yup! If you look at one of my earlier posts this week or last, you'll see that I said the value of your 'Yota went up with the gas prices! ;)

Happens every time!

In '73 I was driving a '72 Corona my Mom bought new. In '74 I was driving my OWN Brand-new Corolla 1200 I worked 2 summers to get the money for. Would have gas spilling on the ground if I tried to put $5.00 in it! Got

38 MPG in my semi-rural area. Cool car. BRIGHT yellow.
Reply to
HachiRoku

Wrong. Not "everybody" was a stupid, selfish piece of garbage.

Because people are so fscking STUPID.

"Duuhhhh Cheap and plentiful gas goes on forever! Duuhhhh"

Reply to
dizzy

I gotta go with Captain Negative on this one - we need to wake up to the fact that the oil industry has us by the short hairs, so we'd better have a contingency plan

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

And being the resourceful, thoughtful people we are, that should be a snap.

Natalie, wiping the excess cynicism off her keyboard

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I keep expecting to see a sign at a gas station that says, "Pull up to the pump, and bend over."

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

*tossing Hachi some Geritol*

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Lest anyone think that I'm "new" to this issue, check this, from over FOUR YEARS ago:

dizzy

I was HOPING for some Crown Royal!

Reply to
HachiRoku