Nimesh's R3 photos

Nimesh, if you're out there lurking or if someone has his email addy, I'd like to know where you got that piece of black trim for the inner fender where the cold air hose goes through? How do you plan to mount an air cleaner in front of the radiator? Will you use the stock unit or some other enclosure & filter?

Thank you!

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

I've found that black plastic door edge trim is great for finishing off cut edges of sheetmetal, and also makes a perfect replacement for the anti-rattle rubber bit on the Lark license plate brackets. Probably a little smaller than what Nimesh used however.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yes, I had thought of that but the f/g is a little thicker than sheet metal so the plastic door edge moldings don't take well to the added thickness, plus the underhood heat might be a problem?

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

Well, Nimesh was kind enough to tell me the technology is readily available! That trim is actually 5/16" fuel hose from which he scrubbed off the print, then sliced it with a razor knife before installing it. Really complex stuff but I think I've got it figgered now...

haha

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie