O.T. Barn finds

A True "Car in the Barn" Story

.Just click on the link below, you are NOT going to believe what you see inside this barn!!!

Imagine you're going to live in Portugal . You find a lovely farmhouse set on a decent plot of land. The place has been empty for 15 years..

While exploring your new property you find a large barn. The door is padlocked and welded shut and it's all rusted solid. So you grind the padlock and the welds off and.........

Pckstude

Are you kidding me?!.....sheesh Lou

Reply to
Larkylou

Only 7 posts back this ridiculous story has been posted again!

STOP IT! THE STORY IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT! OK?

Reply to
zoombot

Jeepers crepers, some people have an attitude!

OK so the story is bullshit. Not everybody has read every post in the universe. Not every post appears on every server and in every newsreader program........

So a n00B repeats an interesting story that does have studebaker content. Let's not get our panites in a wad over it. It's not lilke the NG is swamped with crappy posts and we need to save the bandwidth.........

We appreciate new folks piping up with real content.

All y'all that have something interesting to say - feel free to say it. Don't let an over-reaction make you nervous.

Mark (Calm and mellow) Dunning

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Well, Mark - excuse me!

I am so tired of the same stories (or videos) being "discovered" and posted every other day on the 10 or so auto forums with a new header - "Check it out!", "Wow!", "Too cool", "You gotta see this!", or some other title with no indication of what may actually be posted.

I've heard it said that nothing ever dies once it's on the internet and this "Portugal Barn Find" proves it! I first heard this incorrect story nearly 5 years ago and it's still going strong.

Bet it will get posted again at least once a month by someone else - and I'll grump about it then, too.

Reply to
zoombot

Gentlemen. As the author of this post, please let me put it to rest by saying that, if I could, I would delete the post in the interest of redundancy and in the interest of foregoing some frustrated person the chance to flame an honest effort to share. When I saw the Acetone post again, I certainly didn't jump on it to flame the guy. I know how redundant some of these posts are, but like Mark said, we aren't all in the same place at the same time, so as a newsgroup site, this kind of thing is going to happen. It's unavoidable. I understand the "jeesh, not this again" feeling. But perhaps a little patience will go a long way in not discouraging some one to share some thing that we all might enjoy. Thank you

Reply to
Pckstude

i think there is a stude in there am i right

Reply to
j.shavish

Juist the other day I got the ld "Plastic bottle in freeser, Japaneses Doctor, John Hopkins, crap.

It started out with the usual, "I checked this out with Snopes..."

I sent him the present "Snopes" line on it and asked, "Did you actually check this with Snopes?"

"No, but the guy who sent it to me said he had right at the begining."

(I must admit that he did send out a revised message with the Snopes added.)

When I get some really foolish crap, I often will hit the "Reply to all" and send the Snopes report in it. Those peoople seldom send me bum dope again - or anything else for that metter, Karl

Reply to
midlant

I guess maybe some of us owe you an apology.....sorry...lou

Reply to
Larkylou

I do too, and I usually try to be nice about it... but the other day at work I got one of those Bill Gates wants to give you money for forwarding emails because of the AOL Microsoft merger things that's been going around since the mid 90's.

Someone AT WORK sent this stupid thing around.

My response started out something like... "Aww come ON folks! and I included a quote from the Snopes piece and the link.

Then there was another note on something totally unrelated, the working title was "The solid waste material is hitting the rotating air circulation device".

I didn't send it out like that, but my boss came along wanting to talk about the situation the note was about and I showed her the note I was working on, complete with that working title.

She suggested I change the title before sending it.

I did, but if this problem isn't dealt with the next note is going to have that title!

Jeff DeWitt

snipped-for-privacy@earthl>> i th>>> Gentlemen. As the author of this post, please let me put it to rest

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I like that ,can I borrow it?...lou

Reply to
Larkylou

What, my comment? "The solid waste material is hitting the rotating air circulation device".

Of course, I borrowed it from someone else!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

I started in on the Procter&Gamble=Satanism thing well before the IntarW3bz existed, when it was passed via unauthorized use of company photocopiers. You still see it from time to time. There is no killing an attractive story. I think we'll still be appreciating Barn Finds in ten years.

It's hard to draw the line between gently hinting at someone who just saw an unbelievably attractive story and, in a moment of enthusiasm, hit FWD without Snopesing, and calling down brimstone on the actual Army of Darkness (to include many of my relatives) who knowingly and willfully resurrect damn lies.

The really bad stuff only comes during election years. Bad news? Every year is an election year.

Lou, these are your best buddies, have no doubt. It's just that they're your best buddies from junior high school, who prove their devotion by ripping the loop off the back of your new shirt and making fun of your haircut in front of your girlfriend (or is it the other way around?).

Reply to
comatus

Please snopes this stuff first...

"Pckstude" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Maybe your best buddies mistreated you like that in high school,but mine never did. Don't pretent to know me. Lou

Reply to
Larkylou