OT Damjn modern times.

Our condo owner had a new range and microwave installed a while ago. Soon, it was on the fritz, with the clock going from real time to

88:88 soon after it was put into use. We would do the 18 step reset and it might work fine, or might go 88:88 again. Soon we went back to the (our own) unit, which worked fine, but was in an inconvenient location.

Last week a repairman who does great work came to look at it and took just a few minutes to set things right. Later, I went back to see if the clock was still OK. Daamn trghin=ng was now reading11:11, not

88:88.

I returned to the TV and Chablis, but went back later for a wine refill and noticed it was reading 11:27, the correct time!

What ever happened to hands showing the time? Karl

Reply to
Karl Haas

Digital is cheaper.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Now, I feel like Rodney Dangerfield!

Reply to
Karl Haas

And kids nowdays don't know how to read the old clocks (:-)

Reply to
ALEX M.

Actually, that way they are more likely to know the time than those looking at the hands.

Most of the tiem, we are looking for an answer and don't really care to know he time: Is it getting near the time for the ballgame on TV? Do I have time to stop by thepartsstore on the way home? Can I sneal out for a smoke before the meeting? For those questis, a crick glance to catch the general location of the hands is enough to get the answer.

The kids who see the actual figures are more likely to know within a minute or so, as they have more work t do to get the question answered. (This has been done in tests.)

Anyhow, it's back to 88:88, now.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Haas

And I don't wear a watch either.

Cellphone, car, T friggin V and computer all have time on them.

Internal circadian rhythm is good enuff for most everything I can remember I have to do.......

They say the memory is the second thing to go......

Can't remember the first..

Mark(What time is it?) Dunning

-- Message posted using

information at